The goal of the program is to enhance each child’s overall development by advancing gross and fine motor skills and improving social, cognitive, and emotional awareness. Children are encouraged to learn through their bodies so they can remember in the minds.
First session starts August 8th. Options are Tuesdays and/or Thursdays 9:00am - 11:00am. Other times could be available if interest is there.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE FINE ARTS CLUB
A typical day at Fine Arts Club™ begins as you walk into the studio. Here is what to expect:
- Welcome: Our teachers will greet you at the door, providing a warm welcome for both you and your child as they embark on the adventure of the month.
- Warm Up and Free Play: Children will then move into the studio where discovery stations will be set up around the theme of the month. Each station allows your child to choose how they will begin their day. Perhaps it is a quiet story, interacting with puppets, stacking blocks, or dressing up – there is something for everyone to connect to and get settled into class.
- Circle Time: A student-led environment where we talk about the weather, and the calendar and introduce the theme of the day.
- Dance: Monthly themes guide learning as students learn the basics of jazz, ballet, hip hop, and creative dance in a fun and encouraging environment.
- Yoga: Relaxing songs will be utilized each week to teach children basic poses, stretching, and learning tools to create a foundation for calmness and focus. Each yoga block begins with a calm breathing exercise followed by a yoga activity.
- Fitness: Using songs from the monthly playlist, obstacle courses, relays, and interactive games are incorporated to keep children active and engaged. This will improve coordination, body awareness, and muscle memory.
- Music: Children enjoy nursery rhymes and classic children’s songs while experimenting with musical instruments. Music sets the mood and encourages a smooth transition in between activities.
- Art: Painting, coloring, cutting, gluing, assembling… The possibilities are endless with arts and crafts time! Your child will experience hands-on creativity and make crafts aligned with the day’s theme.
- Drama: Imaginations will bloom in role-playing, character pretending, puppetry and collective creation as children learn the magic and gain confidence in creating theatre.
- Reflection: We finish our day with a reflection of all of the activities your child succeeded in during our time together. Children are provided an extra boost before leaving the club as all students celebrate one another’s successes.
Preschool Class Lake Nona
Maybe you are on an epic waitlist for a preschool in Lake Nona, or looking for something to help stimulate, and educate your toddler while you take some time to run your errands? We have you covered! To inquire on pricing and details please visit our contact page and mention "Fine Arts Club" in the memo.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from the Fine Arts Club program?
An experience that is active, educational, and creative. This program will build self-esteem and social skills in a positive and encouraging environment.
How is your Fine Arts Club different from a preschool or daycare?
Our Fine Arts Club is a fun and active program that allows children to develop social skills and talents at a young age. Children participate in dance, yoga, and fitness classes while enjoying drama, art and music lessons. Each month the students will enjoy a unique theme filled with imagination and creativity. We are NOT a preschool, we are an arts facility offering a short 2 hour arts program to preschool age children in Lake Nona.
How old does my child need to be?
Mini Movers: ages 2-3 (must be at least 2 years old the first day of the program).
Mini Movers is the perfect class for all 2 and 3-year-olds that are new to non-parented programs. (please note we are not offering this initially, but will if interest is there)
Little Movers: ages 3-4 (must be at least 3 years old the first day of the program).
Little Movers builds on skills learned in Mini Movers and is appropriate for children at least 3years of age with experience (for at least 6 months) in a non-parented setting. Children must be fully potty trained.
Kinder Movers: ages 4-5 (must be at least 4 years old the first day of the program).
Kinder Movers builds on skills learned in Little Movers and is appropriate for children at least 4years and are confident in a non parented program. Children must be fully potty trained.
Do I drop my child off or is this a parented class?
This program is non-parented, so you bring your child inside the studio and then say your goodbyes. We will work with parents of children who may need a little extra with drop-off. Parents will be invited to watch during designated parent viewing weeks at the end of each 12-week session.
What can I expect during drop-off? Am I able to stay?
Our teachers are trained in early child development and are experienced in dealing with separation anxiety. You will be encouraged to say your good-byes and allow the teachers to take your child to class. If this is your child’s first time in a non-parented setting, it can take time for them to feel secure and comfortable. It is common for children to cry anywhere from 5-20 minutes for the first 4-6 weeks. Our goal is to ensure your child feels safe, confident, and inspired and we have outlined our integration policy below. We will call you if your child cannot be settled and appreciate you trusting us with our process.
Do I have to pay the full amount at the time of registration?
Fees are processed monthly via auto payment. There is a one-time registration fee of $70. This includes a personal accessory package (Studio Fine Arts Club Polyester Drawstring Bag, Scarf, Maracas x 2, Tambourine, Wand, Montessori Counting Ring, Humming Kazoo) which belongs to the child and is theirs to keep. The bag contents may change depending on availability and sessions/theme.
What does my child need for the class?
Please pack pull-ups if needed, a change of clothes, and soft-soled footwear such as Robeezor ballet/dance shoes. Students also need a nut-free snack in a lunch bag with their name on it. Please put your child’s name on all backpacks, lunch bags, and reusable cups.
What if my child does not like the class, can I get a refund?
We are very confident in our program, but if for some reason it is not a fit for your child, we will discontinue your registration for the following month. Please note withdrawal must take place at least one week prior to the end of the month, so a replacement from the waitlist can join. Due to the limit of space in each program, we do not offer refunds for the month enrolled.
What if my child has separation anxiety?
It’s perfectly normal for children to have anxiety and separation issues when they first begin. Our teachers are prepared to help your child adjust to this new dynamic of leaving mom or dad at the door.
Our teachers are well trained in comforting your child and easing them into the class. If your child is still upset and feeling scared, our teachers will call you. Usually, within 3-4 drop-offs, your child will understand the routine and will be comfortable with attending class independently.
Does my child need to be potty trained?
In order to be eligible for Little Movers or Kinder Movers, children must be fully potty trained.
Regular washroom break will happen, and we understand that sometimes accidents happen.
How many children are in the class?
We accept 12 students in each class, and we have two qualified teachers working with the children. Our standard ratio is one teacher for every 6 children.
What is the background of the teachers?
All of our teachers have experience working with children ages 2-5. They all have unique certifications, degrees and diplomas, and are passionate about working with this age group!
Is there a discount for registering for a multi-day program?
Participants that register for a multi-day program will receive a complimentary registration fee and a personal accessory package. As our ratios are kept small, we do not offer discounts.
Can I make up a class if I miss one?
If our classes are full we can not allow children to make up classes. However, if space is available on another day and we can accommodate a makeup class we will. Refunds and credits are not provided for missed classes.
Official Fine Arts Club Licensed AffiliateChace Dance is proud to be Lake Nona and Orlando's only official licensed affiliate of the Fine Arts Club program. This program was created by early childhood experts, and is delivered at our studio by experienced caregivers/educators.